To dreams come true

Two years. It has been two years since I wrote last. Even now I don’t want to write. Yet I wanted to share some words that I have had with me many years.

“The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider Freeways, but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom. We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

We’ve learned how to make a living, but not a life. We’ve added years to life not life to years. We’ve been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer space but not inner space. We’ve done larger things, but not better things.

We’ve cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We’ve conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We’ve learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships.

Moscow Xmas_Debesh Sharma-2927

These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete…

Moscow Xmas_Debesh Sharma-2942

Remember, to spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever. Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn’t cost a cent.

Remember, to say, “I love you” to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person might not be there again. Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.” Anon.

Moscow Xmas_Debesh Sharma-2944

Yes, I will remember these words. Yes, I will breathe these words. Yes, I will live these words.

These words. To you. To me. To us.

To 2016. To fairytales. To dreams come true.

This entry was posted in General, Philosophy, Travel and tagged , , , , , , , , , , .

13 Comments

1. neelam December 31, 2015 at 2:34 am #

Beautifully written Debesh, I am so happy you have given yourself the luxury of time to sit and write. I agree with so much that you have written here, life does snowball out of control but it is wonderful to come back to these thoughts and pace out and peace out

2. Neelam December 31, 2015 at 2:38 am #

Beautifully written, glad you have given yourself some time to write and photograph.Thank you for sharing your mind, life does snowball out of control sometimes but such thoughts reminds one to pace out and peace out :)

3. Mauverneen December 31, 2015 at 2:44 am #

How wonderful to hear from you Debesh! Pearls of wisdom and beautiful photos – as always. Namaste.

4. Nancy de Flon December 31, 2015 at 3:08 am #

Welcome back and God bless you, Debesh. It’s truly wonderful to read words of wisdom from you. And thank you, as well, for the stunning photographs.

5. Marc December 31, 2015 at 3:11 am #

It has been too long my friend since we have heard from you. Once again your words take my breath away with their insight and emotional truth.
    Have a wonderful and safe new year!

6. Eric Hatch December 31, 2015 at 3:21 am #

Your words are moving, and all too accurate. The pictures are intricate, rich, and evocative. What more is there to say? (Actually, quite a lot, but an email is the better way to do it.).

7. George Griffin December 31, 2015 at 5:26 am #

Hi Debesh, hope springs eternal. I feel a sense that the next generation will be different then mine. It will in fact be better balanced and have more wisdom. I feel, literally feel a change taking place. Maybe it is the quality of the people I choose to associate with. There seems to be more and more examples of people over profits. For the well to do as well as the not so well to do. Maybe it is just me, yet, things are happening.
    Blessed be as you have blessed. Thank you for you inspiration and writings.
    I have just published a book about cultural transition within the western context.

Book Link announcement
    “A Little House on No.3 Hill”( Memories and Stories from a Glace Bay Coal Seam)

8. Heidger December 31, 2015 at 2:54 pm #

These words are simply so beautiful, yet provoking and reminding us of what we are really here for on this blue planet! Thank you for putting your thoughts and feelings so eloquently into these words! Thank you, my friend, from the bottom of my heart.

9. Tanja December 31, 2015 at 8:27 pm #

Thank you SO much!! This brought tears to my eyes! This is so beautiful written!
    We all need this reminder sometimes, and you did it so well :)
    Thanks from deep within!
    Happy New Year

10. Debra Van Enkenvoort January 6, 2016 at 6:17 am #

Lovely photos, Debesh! I agree, it is a hectic, frantic world at times, but it is the only world we have. We all need to slow down and take a better look at our surroundings and see what needs to be done, earth-wise and people-wise. I think photographers have a better sense of the beauty and the ugliness that lies within our spaces, the positives and negatives. Here’s to another year of following your posts and photos.

Debby Van Enkenvoort

11. sonika January 8, 2016 at 8:17 am #

tum to saint debesh ho gaye :))) please don’t say don’t feel like writing because you do it so well…write and write loads….what lovely photographs ..captures the mood of the season so fabulously….i can proudly say i can tickmark all those things you mentioned above….modesty be damned…:))

ps. disposable diapers are the thing. trust me on this :))

ps. big hug and love you * grin

12. Anil March 3, 2016 at 7:01 am #

Sir well expressed & to the point. This is the reality today and hardly we do course correction.
    Keep moving your pen.
    Regards

13. Amit Kumar August 11, 2016 at 10:50 am #

Beautiful written. What a lovely photographs. It’s really fabulous. Thank you for sharing this.